Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Best and Worst of Drugstore Foundation

Being a foundation aficionado, over the years I've tried countless different brands and formulas that all come from drugstores. Some I really love and think are great, but some are just awful...

My all time favorite is Revlon Colorstay foundation. It is literally AMAZING. It gives great coverage (especially if you have acne or problem spots) without making it look like you're wearing a pound of makeup. It's also build-able without making you look orange. The best thing about this foundation though is that it stays put all day long, even if you sweat! It looks great on and is absolutely worth the money.

For awhile I wore Almay Smart Shade foundation and although I really like it, there are a few things about it that irk me. The fact that it works to match your exact skin color is helpful and the coverage is great, not to mention it also has SPF 15! Although, one thing that bugs me a bit is that you actually have to mix it before you apply it to your skin or else it will just be orange when you put it onto your face. Other than this problem it really is a great foundation and Almay concealer is my all time favorite!

Another product I've worn and liked was Covergirl Clean foundation. Boasting that it's great for your skin, this foundation offers light coverage with a fresh clean scent. What I really like about this product is that it comes in three different types: normal skin, dry skin, and oily skin. It's not often that a company creates different types of a product to fit the individual needs of it's customers instead of making only one universal formula. The fact that this is made for a wider audience makes it easier to find exactly which is right for you. My only cons about this foundation are that if you put too much on you risk looking orange-y or darker than your skin tone. My other con is that this foundation is a bit heavy and you'll be able to feel the foundation on your face sort of like a mask even after it dries.

Now I'm sure that some of you love this product, but Neutrogena Skin-Clearing Liquid Makeup is my absolute LEAST favorite. When I put it on, it didn't look smooth but was cakey and un-natrual looking. Because it has salicylic acid, it can help fight acne while you wear it, but it can also dry out your skin in the process. This product did not impress me nor was it right for me.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Rimmel wake me up concealer and I know SO many people who use the foundation!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS