Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Paris Fashion Week: Giambattista Valli Fall 2014


Giambattista Valli caught my attention today as I was scrolling through photos from Paris fashion week, which is currently going on and showcasing fall 2014 collections, and I have fallen instantly in love with his work. While looking through his fall couture collection, I felt as though I had been transported to the French Riviera at a time when old Hollywood still reigned and I couldn't help but picture someone like Grace Kelly wearing these clothes while lounging around on a terrace overlooking the sea in Monte Carlo. 

Grace Kelly and Cary Grant driving along the coast of Monte Carlo in To Catch a Thief
The clothes in this collection mix a certain look of pajamas with detailed florals, embroidery, and tulle that give the woman wearing the couture an air of glamour without even trying. She simply woke up, grabbed a scarf  to tie around her undone hair and a pair of sunglasses, and went outside to enjoy the morning air while looking out onto the waters of the Mediterranean. The Alhambra gardens also played an important role in inspiring Valli by incorporating the spanish florals into almost everything in the collection. The florals are also the only thing bringing pops of color into the neutral colored clothing which mainly focuses on variations of black and white. The gigantic ombre tulle dresses that served as the finale of the show were by far my favorites and definitely something I could see on red carpets in the future. I think it's safe to say I've found a new favorite designer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS