Friday, August 12, 2016

Summer Beauty feat. Play! by Sephora


This past month, I decided to put Sephora's version of a subscription beauty box called Play! to the test. The results? Sephora takes the gold. Until now, I've never come across a subscription box in which I have actually enjoyed all of the products included in said box. What impressed me about Sephora's Play! were the quality brands included within the July box. The products came from high-end brands such as Benefit, Smashbox, beautyblender and more.

The product that stood out to me the most was the Benefit "Dew The Hoola" liquid bronzer. Never before have I been brave enough to branch out of my powder bronzers and try a liquid. After only one use, I was hooked. Liquid bronzer, which seemed daunting and I pictured ending with me looking like I had a bad spray tan, was surprisingly easy to apply and left me looking more sun-kissed than my usual bronzer. This product is great for summer skin because it easily glides on over BB cream for a dewy and natural look.

To keep our faces from falling victim to oily skin this summer, Sephora included Smashbox's "Photo Finish" primer and beautyblender's "Blotterazzi" blotting sponge. The combination of these two products has kept my makeup from sweating off my face in the summer heat, and for that I am thankful. What is nice about the blotting sponge is not only does it keep your makeup in place, but it also replaces the need to use multiple blotting sheets at once. Another plus, its washable!

Moving away from makeup, Sephora also included a few products for hair and skin. For beachy waves straight from celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin, Play! included Ouai "Wave Spray". This product can be used on wet or dry hair and works with all hair types. Simply spray, scrunch your hair, and look like a mermaid straight out of the sea. For fresh skin, I tried out the First Aid Beauty "Face Cleanser" which specializes in working for those with sensitive skin. This cleanser worked well at removing excess oil and makeup without causing me to use more than a dime-sized amount of product.

Finally, my favorite product included in Sephora's Play! box was the NEST "Citrine" perfume. I'm thrilled that this product was included because I have found my new favorite perfume in an unlikely choice. Usually when I am trying perfumes I tend to shy away from citrusy scents, but this is an exception! I love the freshness and lightness of this scent and am looking forward to purchasing a bottle after I finish my sample.

If you are looking for a variety of high-end products to test every month I highly suggest looking into Sephora's subscription program. For more information on Play! and to learn more about the products included in my July box click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS