Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Tea Time at Sketch







"It's always tea time." - The Mad Hatter

The bubblegum pink room you've notoriously seen on Instagram, filled with tea cups and framed doodles on the walls. Welcome to Sketch, the most theatric dining experience you'll find in London. After reading Vogue rave about Sketch as the poshest spot in town, I quickly made my way to high tea within my first two weeks in London. The pink room, also known as the Gallery, is the place for tea if you find yourself in central London. Upon walking in, you'll be emerged into a pink velvet paradise full of strange drawings and technicolor pastries waiting to be sampled. After settling into my seashell-esque chair, I sipped on a raspberry bellini while my table awaited our tea and treats to arrive. The edible options ranged from smoked salmon sandwiches to strawberry tarts and of course scones, complete with clotted cream and jam. An afternoon of good tea and even better company made me realize that Londoners are doing life right, especially at Sketch. 

PS - A trip to the bathroom (or loo as I should say) will make you feel as though you've walked onto a science fiction film set, with space pods and fisheye mirrors perfect for selfies. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS